Can a Rhinoplasty Make My Nose Smaller?
Have you ever wondered if a rhinoplasty procedure could make your nose smaller? If so, you’re not alone. In fact, this is one of the most common reasons why patients choose to get rhinoplasty surgery. If you're considering rhinoplasty to enhance the appearance or functionality of your nose, you're not alone. At Accent on Body Aesthetic Plastic Surgery & Medical Spa, board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. James Fernau performs a complete range of nasal enhancement surgeries to help patients achieve their desired goals, including the common desire to get a smaller, more delicate-looking nose. Below, we will explore the many ways in which rhinoplasty near Pittsburgh, PA can improve the form and function of the nose and discuss how reducing nose size may be possible for you.
Can a rhinoplasty give me a smaller nose?
Rhinoplasty, also known as a “nose job,” is commonly used to reduce the size of nasal features or the nose size overall. For many patients, one of the main goals of rhinoplasty is to improve the overall balance and proportion between facial features. During rhinoplasty, Dr. Fernau will carefully reshape the structures of your nose, including the nasal bones, cartilage, and skin, to achieve the desired size and shape. By removing excess tissue and sculpting the nasal framework, the size of the nose can be reduced, resulting in a more harmonious facial appearance.
What else can rhinoplasty do?
Rhinoplasty is a versatile procedure that can address a long list of functional and cosmetic concerns related to the nose, helping patients to achieve specific goals. In addition to reducing the overall size of the nose, rhinoplasty can:
- Decrease the tip of the nose: If you feel that the tip of your nose is too prominent or droopy, rhinoplasty in Pittsburgh, PA can refine and reshape it to create a more aesthetically pleasing tip.
- Decrease your nasal bridge: Rhinoplasty can address a prominent or humped nasal bridge by removing or repositioning excess bone or cartilage, resulting in a smoother and more balanced profile.
- Reshape the nostrils: Rhinoplasty can modify the shape and size of the nostrils to achieve better symmetry and proportion with the rest of the nose.
- Correct a deviated septum: Rhinoplasty can address functional issues by correcting a deviated septum, which can improve breathing and alleviate nasal congestion.
- Improve nasal airways: Widening or correcting nasal airways can also improve the ability to breathe comfortably and freely.
What can I expect during the rhinoplasty recovery process?
Swelling and bruising are common in the initial stages of recovery and may begin to subside after about 7 – 10 days. Dr. Fernau will provide postoperative instructions for rhinoplasty aftercare, including guidelines for medication, rest, and care for the nose. It's important to follow these instructions closely to ensure proper healing and optimal results. During your recovery, you should plan to avoid strenuous activities and protect your nose from any accidental trauma. Wearing glasses or sunglasses, blowing the nose, and sleeping on your side or stomach should also be avoided until cleared by Dr. Fernau. After several months, the majority of rhinoplasty swelling should have resolved, and Pittsburgh patients will be able to appreciate the enhanced new look and function of their nose.
Wish your nose was smaller? Consider rhinoplasty surgery near Pittsburgh, PA
If you're considering rhinoplasty to make your nose smaller or address other concerns, we can help. Take the first step toward enhancing your natural beauty and facial proportions with rhinoplasty surgery by calling Accent on Body Aesthetic Plastic Surgery & Medical Spa in Coraopolis, PA to schedule your one-on-one consultation with board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. James Fernau today.